THE COURSE IS FULL!
The purpose of the course is to increase understanding of the impacts of global change on the operational environments of tourism businesses and to introduce students to different methods and tools to forecast these changes.
Tourism business in the context of global change; role of forecasting in the context of development strategies; critique of forecasting; different types of future predictions; sources of data for forecasting tourism trends; review of qualitative and quantitative methods of future research and scenario analysis; evaluation of the results of future forecasting research; dynamic modelling and practical application of forecasting in tourism development
- recognizes the impact of global change on the different aspects of tourism business
- identifies the different forecasting methods and tools of tourism system development and is able to choose appropriate methodology
- gathers, selects and analyzes data to forecast future changes and challenges
- evaluates the results of future prognosis studies
- integrates the results of forecasting in the development scenarios, strategies and plans.
Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences
Ilze Grenfelde, firstname.lastname@example.org