The purpose of the course is to enhance the theoretical and practical knowledge of the role of continuous innovation, creative and sustainable use of cultural and natural heritage and co-creation in experience-based product planning and development to overcome the challenges of seasonality.
The role of innovation and co-creation in experience-based product design; niche markets in experience economy; trends in experience-based product design; natural and cultural heritage as a source of creative and competitive product design; seasonality and creative product design; “Local and seasonal” as a new competitive edge; differentiation, adaptation, and continuous innovation in product development; co-creation and repeat visitation; sustainable product pricing
- designs new innovative experience-based products and services by using insights from an innovation theory, service-design and a co-creation approach.
- recognizes different market needs in experience-based product development and innovates existing products based on the differentiated needs of the target markets.
- recognizes the innovative product design opportunities based on trends and seasonality and uses them creatively in new product design.
- identifies the elements of a competitive edge provided by local cultural and natural heritage and uses them creatively in product design.
- analyses comparable experience-based products locally and regionally and strengthens product and service competitiveness through product differentiation and networking.
- identifies opportunities for increased co-creation and uses them in sustainable product development and pricing.
Tallinn University of Technology, Kuressaare College
Jana Raadik-Cotrell, firstname.lastname@example.org